Quick Bites of Japan
Japan offers a lot to see and even more to eat. Here is a quick guide of things to try in Japan:
- In Hiroshima, try the Hiroshima style okonomiyaki. Close by at Miyajima Island, definitely try the seasonal Momeji manju.
- You can’t go wrong with food in Osaka. At the very least, you must try the Kansai style okonomiyaki
- In the Chubu area (Kanazawa, Takayama, Toyama, etc.), try the zaru soba
- In Kyoto, try the koshi katsu in the Gion district
- In Tokyo, you must have the fresh sushi early in the morning near the Tsukiji market
In addition to these, you can try the other well known dishes like yakisoba, tempura, taco yaki, and katsu pretty much in any place in the country. I am a foodie and one of the reasons why I like Japan so much is because of all the great food options that provide us! Happy eating!
by Adnan Mahmud